John 14:6 (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
There are only three possible options that can identify the Lord Jesus Christ, and only one is correct.
Was He a Bad Man?
Many false religions today deny the absolute divinity of Jesus Christ. If Jesus is not the eternal Son of God and the only way to heaven, then he is a liar!
- Pilate said, “I find no fault in Him.” John 18:38
- Judas said, “I have betrayed innocent blood.” Matthew 27:4
- The Centurion said, “Certainly this was a righteous man.” Luke 23:47
Children loved Jesus. The common people admired Him. The detitute, the sick, the dying and the social outcast sang His praises. He was not a bad man!
Was He a Mad Man?
- False Christs are on the rise. Any man who claims to be the Messiah is insane unless he was virgin conceived.
- The officers said, “Never a man spake like this man/” John 7:46
- The Herodians said, “we know that thou art true and teachest the way of God in truth.” Matthew 22:16
- His religious enemies marveled at Jesus’ wisdom and sound arguments (Matthew 22:22, 33, 46).
Granted, many of the Jewish leaders accused Jesus of being possessed with a devil (John 8:48, 52). However, these were the same ones who murdered their Messiah at the hands of the Romans (Matthew 27:17).
Was He the God Man?
- Jesus Christ said, ” I and my Father are one.” John 10:30
- Jesus of Nazareth said, “I am Alpha and Omega…the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8
- Jesus made Himself equal with God and the Jews understood this (John 5:17, 18).
- Jesus said that He shared mutual glory with the Father before the world began and in the present age (John 17:1-5, 24).
Jesus Christ is Jehovah Jesus-the God Man!
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1
The early churches understood and worshiped Jesus Christ because He was and is equal with God the Father. “Who being in the form of God thought it not robbery to be equal with God.” Philippians 2:6
God the Father pays homage to the Son and extols His royal throne. “But unto the Son He saith, thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy Kingdom.” Hebrews 1:8
The Lord Jesus Christ is the High and lifter up LORD, Isaiah 6:1-4, and He revealed this in John 12:37-41. Jehovah Jesus is God manifest in the flesh! I Timothy 3:16
If the Lord Jesus Christ is not the God Man, He either lied or He is insane.
What do you say?
When Jesus asked Peter in Matthew 16:15, “But whom say ye that I am?” Peter said, by divine revelation, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
The only way that a lost sinner can be eternally saved is to forsake their false religion, repent of their sins, and believe on Jesus Christ as their Lord and God. Thomas fell down on his knees when he say the resurrected Christ and exclaimed “My Lord and my God!” John 20:28
Dear friend, your eternal destiny depends on how you answer this next question: “What shall I do then with Jesus which is called the Christ?” Matthew 27:22